Structural Dynamics, Composites, Modal Testing, Micromachining.
Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences, Sabanci University,
I am an Assistant Professor in the Mechatronics Engineering Program at Sabanci University. I earned my B.S and M.S. degrees in Mechanical Engineering at Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey in 2006 and 2009, respectively, before joining at Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) in Pittsburgh, USA. At CMU, I worked in the Multi-scale Manufacturing and Dynamics Laboratory to understand the dynamic behaviour of the mechanical micromachining process. After I graduated in 2014, I continued working in the same laboratory as a postdoctoral research associate until August 2015.
My research interests focus on developing novel high-fidelity dynamic modeling approaches to accurately and precisely capture the vibrational behavior of complex engineering structures, experimental modal analysis techniques, advancing multi-scale manufacturing processes and related equipment/sensors, and fabrication of micro-scale bio-devices.
- Present 2016 Assistant Professor Sabanci University, Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences
- 2016 2015 Instructor Middle East Technical University, Faculty of Engineering
- 2015 2014 Post-doctoral Researcher Carnegie Mellon University, College of Engineering
- Ph.D. 2014 Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering Carnegie Mellon University, College of Engineering
- M.Sc.2009 Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering Middle East Technical University, Faculty of Engineering
- B.S.2006 Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering Middle East Technical University, Faculty of Engineering